Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Good Ol' Valentine's Day

I've never really been a fan of Valentine's Day. It always seemed like a silly holiday. It's nice to let the people you love that you appreciate them. I do enjoy getting flowers. It's hard when you're alone. It's even harder now. I got Cameron a card every Valentine's Day because I loved finding that perfect card to let him know how I feel. Hallmark really does have a card that says it all -you just have to look for it.

I don't remember all of our Valentine's Days. I remember last year. Cameron had to work in the evening, I think. He drove me to the flower shop, and I waited in the car while he bought me flowers. I think we had lunch at Soban (the Korean restaurant in town) first, and he tried one flower shop, and they were out of flowers, and then we went to another, and he bought me perfect and beautiful flowers. We stopped for blizzards on the way home, and when we got home shared them with the pets. I have a picture of Karmen and Rolo with ice cream all over their noses.

This year it's just me. It would have been anyway, but that doesn't make it any easier. I've done V-day alone before. I've done the single thing (and quite well). I know I'll be able to handle this day. It's not really the most important holiday in the world. Getting through this day means I'm one step closer to getting through the next holiday that I have spent with Cameron in the past. They'll all be hard, but at the same time, I guess I'm lucky that for the past three years, I have gotten to celebrate moments of time with him. I will get through this day, and all the rest with the memories that we've made together.

That's it. I wish everyone love of any kind today. I've got friends and family full of love, and willing to share -even if they have a Valentine. Lucky me. :)

These are the flowers from Cameron -Valentine's Day 2011.

No comments: