Thursday, October 06, 2011

What is this about?

When I restarted this blog, I wanted to write about topics in my life that are 'silent' topics. Things people know about, but don't really discuss. I wanted to talk about my experiences without being worried of judgement. Or without caring because I know as well as anybody that judgement is human nature.

It's different now. I just want to write. I'm not doing very well at writing fiction lately, but I seem to be making time for my blog. I'm happy about that. Although, I really don't have a lot to say. My life is about work right now. Mostly because I don't have a lot of other things going on. I'm catching up with friends, but everybody is busy. I have lots to look forward to, but I think most of what I'm looking forward to is the unknown. That sounds a bit like a cliche... but that's fine with me. It's true. I have love, travel and career to look forward to, and I don't know what any of them will be. (I do hope my job will be a career, but it's hard to know that when I'm covering a maternity leave).

The last time I wrote, I was having a bad day. I felt close to tears most of the day. Here is the good thing about that bad day: A year ago my days were opposite. I'd have one good day out of a whole bunch of bad days. This was one day wedged between a lot of good days. I woke up the next morning (after a bad sleep) and cheered up. My walk to work made me smile, talking to Nehal made me smile, co-workers probably made me laugh, and I paid way too much for shoes at lunch time. Either way, once again, it was the little things that made me happy. Things are just so much better now than they were two years ago, a year and a half a go, and a year ago. I've slowly been healing emotionally.

I don't know what my blog is about anymore. It feels like writing about day to day feelings and issues is kind of a wasted blog. I guess we'll see where it goes. Maybe someday I'll share some fiction. (Or maybe I'll save that to be published.)

Until next time.
E

No comments: