Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The 'to do in my near and far away future' list

This list isn't small, and I like it that way. There are things on it that may never happen, and things on it that might happen tomorrow. Things I want to do this year, and things I want to do some day. As I said, I think it's important to see what I've done in the past, and to be proud of my accomplishments, but making plans to better myself and for the future are just as important.

So here we go.
  • Things I want to do in this year:
    • Lose weight -eat better and exercise
    • By summer, I want to be able to participate in a marathon. We'll see, but I think it's for sure something I'd like to do. If not this year, than in the future.
    • I'd like to volunteer. Hoping to volunteer for something literacy related.
    • Save money and pay off bills.
    • Spend as much time with family and friends as I am able to because that's why I came back.
    • Get a car -although I need to make sure I have a job that lasts more than a year before I can even consider that. I'm only here covering a maternity leave, so everything depends on if I have a job at the end of the year or not. I would rather be able to keep the job because it might be time for some stability in my life, but if I don't end up with one in July, then I've got the whole world open to me.
    • Try to date again. I don't want to jump into a relationship, but I'm ready to just date. If something turns into a relationship, that's fine as well.
    • Write. All the time. Blog, journal, and fiction.
    • Do the best I can in work, life and future plans.
  • Things I want for my future:
    • Love. I want to be in love with somebody, and I want them to be in love with me.
    • Marriage and a baby. (This isn't anytime soon).
    • Travel. I want to go to so many places. To name a few: Europe by train, Ireland, Scotland, Australia, South Africa, India, Mexico... Really, every where.
    • I want to visit Newfoundland again.
    • I want to try scary things. Bungee jumping (I've already tried this, and decided against it when I was at the top. I'd actually be okay with myself if I don't do it.) I want to skydive. I want to try new things.
    • I want to be published.
    • I want to make a difference.
    • I hope to have a job I love. It could be the one I'm currently doing, or something different.
    • I want to make it to Toronto. I've been there, but now I have friends who live there, and I've been promising to visit for years. This may not happen in a year, but I still want it to be in my recent future.

That's all I can think of. The good thing about blogging though, is that I can edit and add things all I want. (As I keep doing with the list I wrote yesterday.)

Till next time.

No comments: