Saturday, May 14, 2011

Days gone by

I'm really quite good at not writing. I procrastinate from doing what I love. Strange, I know. Although, I kind of procrastinate from everything lately. I go to work, but I have yet to give my house the cleaning it deserves, or take my dog for a nice long walk, or start my own exercise/healthy eating. These are all very important to me, and I'm not doing any of it. I don't know why, and although I'm almost 31, I still have to figure out how to get myself to do all these things. I've procrastinated most of my life I guess, and it's a pretty hard habit to stop doing.

I have a friend who is trying to quit smoking. I text her everyday to see if she has quit yet. Maybe she's going to have to do the same for me. To see if I've quit procrastinating. It would change my life, that's for sure.

I want to continue my story. I've written more than once since than, but I left off when my Grandma passed away. I don't have anything to go on to help me remember. My journal is at home, and I actually don't want to read it again right now.

I'm going to have to save it though. I'm hoping I will not procrastinate, and be able to write tomorrow. I just looked at the last one, and saw where I left off. I don't have enough time tonight to get into it or cry while writing.

I work night shifts right now, and I have extra time to write or read, and I'm loving the opportunity. I just have to take advantage of my good fortune.

No comments: